11.08.2011

Challenge #30—Bon Voyage!

Wow, can you believe this is challenge number 30?  I sure can’t!  With the holidays coming up, I’m sure most of us will be traveling in some way, shape or form in the next several weeks, so this week’s challenge is about traveling! 

How do you like to travel?

You can list the different ways you like to get around, you can focus on one favorite way and list the reasons why you like that way.  You can list your favorite places you’ve been in the different modes of travel.  You can even dream about where you’d like to travel and how you’d like to get there (exotic beach vacation by private jet, anyone?). 

Write it in your journal, your blog, take pictures, make a scrapbook page, write a poem or make a video!  Remember there are so many ways to record your personal history!  You can even do this as a couple or family and talk about the ways and places you’ve traveled together!

_____________
What Rachel did:

To be honest, I don’t really like to travel. I’m more of a “stay at home” person. I’ve traveled out west a couple of times on a plane, but it was very stressful for me because I think about all the things that could go wrong and how terrible it would be to die in a plane crash. (Yes, I know the statistics of a plane crash are low, but I’ll take my chances in a car!) The more times I go on a plane though, it becomes easier but it’s definitely not my favorite way to travel. I prefer the good old method of walking or driving a car. I love to take walks with my family and every year we get in better shape and walk more. I also love our car. It’s older and has a lot of mileage, but it’s paid for and gets us to where we need to go. Monday was my husband’s birthday (and our anniversary) so I took a picture of our car along with the birthday message I wrote him.

TIMC4 travel 110711-001

Credits : My Memories digital software. Paper and embellishments are from “Road Trip” kit by Barbara Ryan. Pictures by Rachel.

_____________
What Kim did:
(Kim has a private blog that she answers the questions on, and can add pictures and videos to when she feels like it.)

I love to travel and see new things. At this stage in my life I love road trips in our vehicles. I love spending time together as a family in the truck or car; just talking to each other, listening to music, and dealing with the kids fighting, whining, crying, etc... yes... that definitely happens but the trips are still worth it!

We like to hit the road as much as we can here in Alaska (when whether permits), so sometimes it is just a 1 hour road trip down to the ocean to see the Beluga Whale, Glaciers, or Icebergs. Or sometimes we just drive around to spot wildlife. We just like to get out and see all the wonderful things around us.

On one occasion we took the train from Anchorage to Denali National Park. That was a great trip as well. The kids loved being able to walk around the train which was a life saver for us.

_____________
What I did:

First of all, I think it’s funny how Rachel and I both did similar layouts and how we both love to travel by car! 

I made an actual scrapbook page this time!  I’ve had an idea for this page forever, so I decided I’d take some time and get some creative mess going on.  (Oh man, it’s been way too long since I’ve done this, I may just do more of these!  Digi is just sooo much faster though…)  I just focused on how I love road trips, and briefly mentioned that I don’t like flying.  (I hate the lines, waiting, recirculated air, the cramped cabins, germs and small bathrooms, but I do like getting places fast.) I sooo wish we could “Beam Me Up, Scotty”, but in the meantime, I’ll stick with the car and read while my hubby drives! Winking smile

IMG_3493 copy

(Did you notice there are NO pictures on this layout?  Yes, you can do a page without pictures if you don’t have any that go with it!)

IMG_3495 copy

Supplies Used:  Patterned Paper: My Mind’s Eye—Complete Boy Stack.  Cardstock: Unknown.  Scallop strip: Just The Edge Cardstock Strips by Bazzill.  Cutouts: Cricut “Going Places” cartridge.  Stamps: Sassafrass Lass—Stitched Borders.  Ink: Studio G (teal), Color Box (brown).  Twine: Twinery—Caribbean.  White pen: Sakura Gelly Roll.  Brown marker: Bic.  Stickers: Stickabilities.  Flowers:  Prima.  Brads: SEI.

I did make a digital quick page similar to this layout…just different colors.  All the papers and elements can be found for free here at Shabby Princess, along with tons of other super cute kits!  (Rise ‘n Shine Kit).  These are just jpgs and can be put into any program.  TIMC followers can download one or all for free just by clicking on the picture(s)!

TIMC AirTIMC Road Trip 2TIMC Road Trip

Here is a look at the Fast Form for this challenge:

This Is Me Challenge Fast Form Travels

If you are a follower of the TIMC, you can go here to download it for FREE! 

Now, I challenge you to record about how you love to travel! 

No comments: