5.03.2011

Challenge #3--Always Something There to Remind Me...

A fill in the blank challenge this week: Whenever I ________, I ________.

You can do as many of these as you want, and expound on whatever you wish. I suggest you to keep this one in the back of your mind, and then write things down as they come to you throughout this week when something jogs your memory!

Think of things you see, hear, smell, touch, wear, eat, do, etc. These don't always have to be positive things either. If there is something that you're struggling with, or are embarrassed about, you can record those too. Remember, this is your personal history, and no one is
perfect!

If you decide to take this challenge, check mark the box at the end of the post. When you finish a challenge, you can come back and check the other box! It would be fun to see how many people get theses challenges accomplished!
----------

What I did:

I just typed up this week's challenge in a word document, and added pictures on some of them. I'm going to have a special folder labeled "This Is Me". Then I will start a new document for each challenge that I decide to type up. I figured too, with this challenge, I can always add more to it throughout the years.

(This is a sample of some of the things that I typed up. You don't have to read it, but you can if you want to if you need an idea or two.)

-Whenever I kick or throw a ball to Quinn (my hubby), I think of our first date. It was a group blind date, and on the ride home a guy sat in the back seat between us. There was a volleyball in the back of the SUV, and we somehow started rolling it back and forth to each other. Neither of us ever went out with anyone else again! We still "flirt" by rolling a b
all!

-Whenever one of my children spontaneously gives me a hug or kiss, I feel like the queen of the world! There is seriously nothing else that can make me feel like that!

-Whenever I see or smell lavender, I think of the 16 months I lived in southern France. Lavender was everywhere, and I fell in love with it. I even have a whole bunch in my yard to help remind me even more!
-Whenever I eat dark chocolate, I dream that I am on some deserted tropical island, laying in a hammock. Random, I know.

-Whenever I go to a swimming pool, I take in a deep breath. I love the smell of the chlorine and chemicals, because it reminds me of when I was on the swim team in Jr. High. I loved swimming, and hoped to one day be an Olympic gold medalist. (Then the pool kept breaking down, and my mom took us off because she wasn't going to pay for us to run laps around the park and not swim...)

-Whenever I sit down at a piano, I wish I could play it better. I took piano for four or five years, and still can't play very well. I wasn't very committed to it as a young'un, but now I wish I had been.

-Whenever I see a beautiful sunset, I take a picture. (I must have at least 1000.) It also helps me reflect on this beautiful world that God created for us!

No comments: