12.13.2011

Challenge #34 (Part Two)—Tradition

Last week I forgot to mention that this challenge would be the last of the year.  December is a busy time for most people, so I didn’t want you to get that much further behind!  Plus, if you do have time to work on recording your story, you can play catch-up with past challenges that you haven’t been able to do yet!  (Go to the tab on top for a complete list!)

This week we have a couple more ideas for you to complete your own “Tradition” challenge, and a couple of freebies!  If you haven’t yet, see part one of this challenge here.

------------
What April did:

Every year my parents have taken our family on an outing at the beginning of December to start out the Christmas season. This tradition has continued even after we have grown up and started our own families. I wanted to show in this week's challenge what we did this year. We went to the 20th anniversary of "The Forgotten Carols" starring Michael McLean. After the show we were able to meet the cast. It was an amazing experience that started the Christmas season reminding me of what it's all about.

TIMC - Christmas Tradition


Credits: Photoshop brushes: snowflakes_brushes_by_hawksmont.abr Fonts: LainieDaySH, Bradley Hand ITC TT, ITC Garamond Handtooled Std.

April’s Christmas gift for you today, is a quick page of her layout!  Followers of TIMC can download it here for free! Thanks, April!

TIMC Christmas Tradition Template

-------------
Another “What I did”:

With this challenge I decided that I’m going to make a “Christmas Traditions” album.  It’s just going to have a glimpse of our Christmas traditions from year to year.  I am pulling some of the scrapbook pages I made in previous years and put them into one album. 

Every year we do some of the same things: make a gingerbread house, go see Christmas lights, cutting down our own Christmas tree, etc.  I figured I’d also put Christmas morning in there too.  I’m sure that through the years our traditions will change, grow, and we’ll get new ones, so it will be so fun to look through the album from year to year and see all of our Christmases in one place!

This is a look at last year’s page about our gingerbread house…which was a disaster.  But oh so fun to record and look back on!

gingerbread

Credits:  Template: Jessica Sprague, Paper and elements: Summertime Designs, Fonts: You are Loved, Cursive Standard, Century Gothic.

This one is a look at Christmas morning in 2008. It’s seriously so fun to look at how young my kids look!  (And I was pregnant with the twins at the time.)

christmas 08

Credits: Template: Scrapping With Liz, Paper and Elements: Summertime Designs, Fonts: Don’t remember…

I’m going to be working on my album this next week and get some pictures of that up next week!

Now for the 2nd freebie of today.  Last week I gave you a digital paper pack that I designed, and this week I have a package of (simple) elements to go with it!  There are more than this included!  (Elements are in PNG files.)

Element Preview

If you are a follower, you can go here to download it for free! Enjoy!  Smile 

Now, get going on your holiday traditions, and don’t forget to record them!

No comments: